Women everywhere look forward to ditching their long pants for bare legs during spring and summer. But what do you do if your legs look less than perfect? Here are some simple strategies to get healthy legs that you’re ready to bare during short skirt, shorts and bathing suit season.
- Get active. Regular exercise will tone your leg muscles, trim down body fat, reduce swelling and improve circulation. Exercises to try for shapely, healthy legs include: running/jogging, walking, swimming, cycling, aerobics, yoga, squats, and weight lifting. However, we don’t recommend strapping on ankle weights in the hope of slimming your thighs. Ankle weights can put excess stress on your ankles, knee and hip joints. They can also strain your ligaments and can cause muscular imbalances.
- Commute to work with leg power. If you live close to work, consider walking or biking to work. It’ll speed up your weight loss results while saving you money and helping the environment. At the very least, park further away to add more steps on your way into work.
- Watch your diet. Healthy legs start with a healthy, balanced diet. Being overweight can lead to varicose veins in your legs, which can cause a lot of pain. Avoid or cut down on foods that are high in sugar, fats and calories. Eat more fiber and whole, unprocessed foods to make sure your body gets the nutrients it needs. Drink plenty of water to keep your body hydrated for supple skin.
- Flex your feet, ankles and legs regularly, especially after long periods of sitting or standing. Sitting or standing for extended periods can lead to swollen legs and feet, and varicose veins. Stretching can get your blood flowing and help you avoid circulation problems for healthy legs.
Don’t rely on miracle cures for cellulite. Nothing will banish cellulite, caused by fat deposits. Over-the-counter creams only temporarily minimize the rippled effect. If you want to try a cellulite cream, look for ones that contain caffeine or L-carnitine. To reduce cellulite, exercise can help lower body fat, increase lean muscle and assist in lymphatic drainage.
- Exfoliate dead skin. As we age, our skin becomes drier. Scrubs remove dead skin flakes, allowing new cells to come to the surface for healthier-looking legs.
- Remove unwanted hair for smooth legs. Choose your method of hair removal – waxing, shaving, depilatory creams or laser hair removal. When shaving, use a good shaving gel and a quality razor to help prevent nicks and cuts. Make sure you moisture your skin after shaving to avoid razor burn or bumps and dry skin.
- Moisturize your legs. Apply moisturizer after showering, shaving or at night before bed to keep your legs soft, smooth and free of flakey skin.
- Get a pedicure. A pedicure can help keep your feet clean, your toenails trimmed, the skin on your feet exfoliated, and your feet and legs moisturized. Most pedicures include a feet and leg massage. Massage helps reduce swelling and chronic pain, improves circulation, and promotes relaxation while diminishing stress and anxiety.
- Talk to your doctor about treatment for spider or varicose veins. Permanent treatment solutions for spider and varicose veins include laser treatment and sclerotheray, and endovenous ablation.
Having beautiful, healthy legs is attainable for every woman if you’re willing to work at it.
Healthy Legs and Feet with Custom Orthotics
Your feet are the foundation of your body. Therefore, if you want healthy legs, you need to start from the feet up. Custom foot orthotics like ezWalker® Custom Fit Orthotics are specifically made for each of your individual feet. These custom orthotics bio-mechanically realign your body and correct your stance by placing your feet into a more optimally controlled position. Since you’ll no longer walk with an incorrect gait cycle, you’ll experience reduced pain and pressure in your feet and legs.
For more information about ezWalker® Custom Fit Orthotics, visit the WalkEZStore.com. With the WalkEZStore’s 90-day, money-back guarantee, you’ve got nothing to lose while you gain healthy legs that walk correctly. Order your ezWalker® Custom Fit Orthotics today.
Because … when your feet – and legs – feel good, you feel good.®
Disclaimer: The information included in this article is for educational purposes only. It should not be used as a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.