Whether it’s Valentine’s Day, an anniversary, a birthday or another special day, if you love and care for someone special in your life, you probably want to do something memorable to show your love for them, so they know how much they mean to you.
But often we fall into a rut when it comes to gift giving. We rely on traditional ways to show our love like giving them a card, a bouquet of flowers or balloons, a piece of jewelry, a tie, or a box of assorted chocolates. While there’s nothing wrong with these types of gifts, sometimes, you just need to do something out of the ordinary to truly show your wife, husband, girlfriend, boyfriend or life partner how much you love them.
How to Show Your Love
Here are 10 ways to show your love and appreciation while keeping the romance alive.
- Write a love letter. Don’t worry about not being a professional writer. Write a personal note from the heart, telling your honey everything you love about them and why your life is so much better with them in it. And if you really want to get creative, you might try your hand at writing a poem.
- Create a photo book of your favorite memories together. Pick out photos of special times you have shared together. Use an online image publishing company like Shutterfly or go to your local big box store or pharmacy’s photo center and upload your photos. Pick the design you want to use to tell your story. And the image publishing company or photo center will create and print your book.
- Make a surprise package. Fill a bag with items you know your loved one likes such as sweet or salty snacks and other little tokens of your affection. Include a personal note and slip the goody bag into their purse, briefcase or lunch bag.
- Create a special playlist and put it on their electronic device. Choose songs that are memorable to you both or that tell them how much they mean to you.
- Cook them a special meal. They say the way to man’s heart is through his stomach. Well, the same can be said for women, too. There’s nothing better than sharing a candlelight dinner with someone – especially when that someone cooked it for you and it includes some of your favorite foods. But it’s even better if you don’t have to clean up afterward either.
- Order takeout. If you’re not a very good cook, don’t worry about it. You can always order a special meal from your loved one’s favorite restaurant. Just light a few candles, reheat the food (if necessary) and serve it on actual plates – not out of the takeout containers.
- Engage in an activity your loved one likes to do. If your partner loves sports, get tickets to the big game and go together. Pay attention to the game and show your interest instead of acting bored. Or if your partner is into cultural events, go to a gallery opening or theater performance. Challenge yourself to learn something new.
Turn off the electronic devices and actually engage in a conversation. Nowadays, a lot of young adults – and even a few not-so-young adults, spend more time glued to their phone than actually talking with their loved one. So put away your phone and have a real conversation. Make an effort to really listen to what the other person has to say. You might even learn something new about them.
- Pamper them. Run a bubble bath for her and light a few candles. Take care of getting the kids to bed while she relaxes. Or, give your loved one a foot massage to relieve sore muscles and help them relax.
- Help them relieve their foot pain by purchasing them WalkEZStore custom orthotics. Our custom orthotics are specially made for each of your loved one’s feet so they receive the exact support their feet need. Your loved one will experience better posture, reduced stress and strain on their lower extremities, and less pain. To buy WalkEZStore products for your loved one, you can either: a) Schedule an appointment at the WalkEZStore; b) Order the impression kit online for ezWalker® Custom Fit Orthotics. Have the impression kit sent to you, so you can wrap it and to give to them; or c) Purchase a WalkEZStore gift certificate in any dollar amount by calling 1-888-392-5539.
We hope these tips will give you some ideas on how you can show your love to someone special in your life.
And remember when your loved one’s feet feel good, they’ll feel good and appreciate you even more.
Disclaimer: The information included in this article is for educational purposes only. It should not be used as a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.