When the leaves on the trees start to change colors and the air turns cool and crisp, there’s nothing more fun than heading to the country for a fall festival or to visit a pumpkin patch. Fall festivals, pumpkin patches, and apple orchards usually offer a wide range of fun outdoor activities for both kids and adults. These activities can include hayrides, corn or hay bale mazes, haunted houses, petting zoos, games, and apple and/or pumpkin picking.
How to Make Your Fall Festival Trip Fun and Memorable
Follow these tips before you head out the door to ensure your outing is enjoyable.
What to Do and Bring
- Plan your fall festival trip around nap time if you have young children. Nothing can dampen your visit more than a cranky child. So make sure they’re well-rested and ready to play once you arrive.
- Bring water and snacks. While some fall festivals will offer food and beverages to buy, some farms may not offer any refreshments. Drink plenty of water to keep hydrated, especially on hot days. Snacks will help keep hunger pangs at bay for active kids until you can eat a meal later.
- Bring hand wipes and hand sanitizer. Little hands can get really dirty when they’re petting animals, frolicking in the hay, playing games or sampling apples and other farm fares. Makes sure they clean their hands whenever possible to remove dirt and keep them from getting sick.
- Take cash. Most fall festivals, apple orchards, and pumpkin patches only accept cash when paying for games and hayrides, and purchasing food, pumpkins, apples.
- Designate a meeting area if you become separated. Fall festivals, pumpkin patches, and apple orchards can be pretty big places, making it easy to get lost. Make sure everyone knows where to meet up.
What to Wear
- Dress accordingly. Check the weather before you go and wear the right clothes depending on the temperature. Dress in layers to accommodate fluctuating temperatures. Wear clothes that you can get dirty. Take a change of clothes for the kids in case they get too dirty for the ride home. Make sure to take a jacket or light sweater in case it cools down while you’re there.
- Wear comfortable shoes that fit well. You’ll be on a farm so the ground will likely be uneven and possibly rocky. So, even if the weather is warmer, don’t wear sandals or flip-flops. They’ll be too thin and flimsy. Wear shoes that provide proper support for your feet. If the fields will be muddy, wear boots. If you suffer from painful foot conditions, consider wearing custom orthotics like ezWalker® Custom Fit Orthotics. These custom orthotics provide you with the exact biomechanical support your feet need. And they easily fit into any footwear.
- Wear sunscreen. Even though it’s fall, you can still get burned on a sunny day.
- Bring your camera. Fall festivals, pumpkin patches, and apple orchards are perfect opportunities for lots of photos. Make sure you take a fully charged camera with enough memory. You don’t want to miss a single moment.
Autumn is the perfect time for family fun, and by following these tips, you’ll ensure everyone has an even better time.
ezWalker® Custom Orthotics Provide Pain Relief
Don’t let foot pain ruin your trip to a fall festival, pumpkin patch or apple orchard. ezWalker® Custom Fit Orthotics reduce your risk of foot pain and protect your feet from possible injury. For more information, visit the WalkEZStore.com. To buy your pair of ezWalker® Custom Fit Orthotics, click here.
Because … when your feet feel good, you feel good.®
Disclaimer: The information included in this article is for educational purposes only. It should not be used as a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.