Are you happy in life? Do you know what makes you happy? A recent poll shows that only one in three Americans consider themselves to be very happy. Which may seem a little surprising. Why aren’t we a happier bunch? A lot of it has to do with the general state of affairs in the U.S., but our work situation, finances, relationships, religious beliefs and health also play a part in how happy we are.
Abraham Lincoln once said, “Most folks are as happy as they make up their minds to be.” There’s a lot to be said for that. We all deserve to be happy in life, but happiness is a choice we have make ourselves. While some people may choose to make lemonade when life hands them lemons, others choose to just complain about the sour taste.
Additionally, we need to acknowledge that what makes me happy is different from what makes you happy. And you’re the ONLY one that can determine what makes you happy in life.
- Happiness can improve your health by helping you to: have a stronger immune system; avoid or manage certain medical conditions like diabetes, cancer and heart disease; reduce stress and manage pain better. Being happy also leads to better mental health. You’ll experience less depression and will be able to cope better when things do go wrong.
- Happiness can help you live a longer life. Optimists tend to live longer than pessimists.
- Happiness improves our relationships with others. People want to be around people who have a more positive outlook on life.
- Happier people are more productive on the job because they have more energy and are able to focus better. A happy person is also more confident, so they tend to attract more clients and are more successful.
- Happier people tend to want to continue learning and growing in their personal and professional lives.
- Happier people enjoy life more. When you’re unhappy, your unhappiness spills over into all aspects of your life, so you may be more pessimistic about your life in general.
When you do what makes you happy in life, you can reap all of these benefits and more. So take the time every day to do something that makes you happy and your life will become more fulfilled.
What Makes You Happy?
What are some things that you do that make you happy? Maybe it’s your job. Or perhaps, it’s a hobby or pastime. Or maybe it’s something else.
For some people, participating in physical activities like walking, running or cycling makes them happy, which makes sense since exercise releases endorphins and endorphins make you happy. But it may be hard to stay happy during these activities if your feet hurt. But custom orthotics like those manufactured by WalkEZStore can help relieve foot pain while improving the biomechanics of your feet so you can perform better during your favorite physical activity.
Therefore, if foot pain is getting in the way of doing what makes you happy, consider buying custom orthotics, specifically designed for your feet and your favorite activity.
- ezWalker® Performance Custom Orthotics for people who enjoy walking.
- ezRunner® Performance Fit Orthotics for runners.
- ezCycler® Breakaway Fit Orthotics for cyclists.
Because … when your feet feel good, you feel good.®