Do you remember the movie, “Happy Feet,” from about 10 years ago? In it, a baby emperor penguin, Mumble, is born without the ability to sing, which is vital to attract a mate. Instead, the little penguin can tap dance. After being attacked and ridiculed by others, eventually, the little penguin attracts the attention of people who realize they need to ban overfishing in Antarctica. And the movie ends with Mumble finding a mate and having a baby penguin of his own.
What the movie shows us is that we all have different abilities or things that we’re good at and that make us happy. Dancing made Mumble happy. It was his song.
WalkEZStore Happy Helping People Relieve their Foot Pain
What is your song in life? What makes you happy? You need to take time in your life to discover the things that make you the happiest because they’re linked with who you really are in life.
For Kathy Carandang, the owner of the WalkEZStore, helping people to relieve their foot and lower extremity pain is what she is happiest doing. This is why she likes to educate people through the articles on the WalkEZStore website about various topics related to the feet and lower extremities. We hope you’ll take the time to read some of these articles, so you’ll be more knowledgeable about how to have happier feet, knees, hips and a lower back.
How to Have Happy Feet
In the meantime, here are some tips on how you can have happy feet:
- Take care of your feet properly. Wash your feet completely – even in between the toes where dirt can hide. Dry them thoroughly with a soft towel. Gently rub any calluses with a pumice stone to remove dry, tough skin. Trim your toenails straight across with nail clippers. Apply a rich hydrating lotion to your feet to relieve dry, cracked skin.
- Protect your feet. Liberally apply sunscreen (at least SPF 15) to your feet when outdoors. Reapply sunscreen at least every two hours. Wear the correct shoes for the activity you are doing, such as sturdy boots for yard or construction work, walking shoes for walking, running shoes for running, hiking boots for hiking, etc.
Correctly fit your shoes. The right shoe fit is imperative for getting the greatest comfort. Choose your shoe size based on your arch length. Fit your shoes for the width of your feet, too. Also, purchase shoes based on your foot shape – tapered shoe boxes for tapered feet and square shoe boxes for wider feet. Refer to the WalkEZStore’s Shoe Fitting Guide for more information.
- Exercise your feet. Perform stretches to strengthen the muscles of your feet and ankles and to improve flexibility.
- Massage tired, aching feet. A foot massage can help relieve pain, increase circulation to your feet and reduce stress and anxiety.
- Give your feet a break. After being on your feet for a long time, they need a rest, too. Elevate your feet on pillows. Raise them to at least the level of your heart. Raising your feet helps to reduce swelling and promote circulation.
- See a podiatrist for severe or chronic foot pain. A podiatrist will evaluate your feet to determine what the problem is and will make treatment recommendations to reduce or alleviate pain.
- Wear custom orthotics if you have foot conditions or gait issues. Custom foot orthotics like ezWalker® Custom Fit Orthotics are made specifically for your individual feet. Our custom orthotics biomechanically correct any issues by realigning your body from the feet up. Plus these custom orthotics provide your feet with the support they need for every step you take.
So there you have it – 8 really simple ways you can take better care of your feet, so you have happy feet.
ezWalker® Custom Orthotics Can Help Your Feet Feel Happier
For more information about ezWalker® Custom Fit Orthotics, visit the WalkEZStore.com. ezWalker® Custom Orthotics are ultra-thin and ¾ length, so they easily transfer from dress shoes to casual shoes to even sandals with the help of a piece of Velcro®. Plus ezWalker Custom Orthotics come with a 90-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose but your pain. Order your ezWalker® Custom Fit Orthotics today! Let Kathy Carandang help you have happy feet.
Because … when your feet feel good and are happy, you feel good and are happier, too!
Disclaimer: The information included in this article is for educational purposes only. It should not be used as a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.