Imagine you’ve injured your back while working. Or maybe you suffer from arthritis. You’re having problems performing simple, everyday tasks, like taking a bath, getting dressed, or driving. Maybe your injury or disability is so bad, it’s hard for you to even work. What can you do to reclaim your life? Occupational therapy is the answer.
Occupational therapy can help you recover or develop the daily living skills you need to live your life more fully. It also prevents any disruptions from occurring due to limitations or impairments in your mental or physical abilities.
Who Can Benefit from Occupational Therapy?
Occupational therapy is for people who are unable to or have difficulties in performing desired activities. People of all ages can benefit from occupational therapy. This includes:
- The elderly.
- People who are suffering from medical conditions, like arthritis, fibromyalgia, multiple sclerosis, etc.
- People who are recovering from certain surgeries, like hip or knee replacements.
- Stroke victims.
- People with autism and other development disorders.
What Are the Benefits of Occupational Therapy?
Some of the benefits you can obtain through occupational therapy:
- A better understanding of your condition. Occupational therapy professionals can provide you with information about your condition. Additionally, they can inform you about any risks with your condition. Also, they can teach you certain techniques to help you compensate for your disabilities. And they can provide tips to lessen your discomfort.
- An assessment of how to adapt to your environment. An occupational therapy professional can evaluate your home, workplace, school, or other environments. They can make suggestions on ways to modify these environments to help you perform your daily tasks. Their advice can help you maintain your independence. Additionally, it can keep you safe from further injury.
- A customized treatment program to improve your ability to perform your daily activities. This treatment program will include options for all areas of your life. You will learn how to perform your self-care, domestic, work, and community activities.
- The development of physical exercises. These exercises will help you increase your strength and improve your flexibility.
- The development of mental activities. Through the use of these mental activities, you will be able to increase your cognition and memory.
- Strategies for coping with chronic pain or fatigue due to your physical conditions.
- Recommendations on adaptive or assistive equipment and training on how to use them. Some examples of adaptive or assistive equipment include:
- Grab bars in bathrooms.
- Braces or splints for hands, wrists, ankles, etc.
- Reaching devices.
- Guidance for your family members and caregivers. Occupational therapists can help them find social and emotional assistance, such as support groups and respite care.
Increase Your Mobility and Reduce Your Pain with WalkEZStore Orthotic Devices
As a certified pedorthist and the founder of the WalkEZStore, Kathy Carandang cares about restoring your body’s mobility and reducing your pain. Just like occupational therapy professionals, she cares about the same things they do. Kathy can provide you with education about proper foot health. Additionally, she can work with you to help you achieve greater mobility. And she can help you reduce your foot pain. She can also help you find greater comfort through your choices of footwear and supportive devices.
Kathy created her WalkEZStore custom orthotics to help people obtain pain relief from various foot and lower extremity conditions. With the help of WalkEZStore custom orthotics, people can get back to being able to perform their day-to-day activities. And they’ll be able to do the things they love to do once again.
How Can Our Custom Orthotics Help You?
With ezWalker® Custom Fit Orthotics, you’ll receive proper support for the arches of your feet. Additionally, our custom orthotics will provide you with proper bio-mechanical alignment throughout your body.
As an assistive device, our custom orthotics will help guide each step you take throughout the gait cycle. Plus, they’ll help you maintain your balance and increase your stability. With ezWalker® Custom Fit Orthotics, you’ll experience reduced stress and strain on your feet, knees, hips, and lower back.
Restore your mobility and reduce your pain by ordering your pair of ezWalker® Custom Fit Orthotics today.
Because … when your feet feel good, you feel good.®
Disclaimer: The information included in this article is for educational purposes only. It should not be used as a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.