Are you getting cabin fever from all of this snow and cold? I know I am. I can’t wait for spring – only 33 more days until the official start.
If a trip to Florida isn’t in your budget any time soon, here are 10 suggestions to help you survive cabin fever until the weather warms up.
- Download songs about summer, like the Beach Boys’ “Surfin’ Safari,” Bananarama’s “Cruel Summer,” Mungo Jerry’s “In the Summertime,” Don Henley’s “The Boys of Summer,” and Sly & the Family Stone’s “Hot Fun in the Summertime.” Dance around the living room until you’re hot and sweaty (at least you’ll feel warmer).
- Cook some Mexican food. Make some margaritas. Turn on some mariachi music. Dim the dining room lights. Turn up the heat in the house, and pretend you’re in Cancun. Or better yet – just go out to dinner to a Mexican restaurant where the atmosphere is more authentic, and pretend you’re really eating at a cantina in Mexico.
- Hang posters from tropical locations all around the house. Remember that scene from “It’s a Wonderful Life” where Bert and Ernie hang travel posters in the windows, and Mary has Hawaiian music playing when George comes home for their honeymoon. Try to recreate the mood.
- Paint a tropical scene on your patio door. (Acrylic paints will wash off with some elbow grease later.)
- Download an app that plays relaxing sounds of nature, like waves hitting the beach or birds chirping.
- Have a movie marathon. Watch every movie you can think of set in a warm location – for women, “Eat Pray Love,” “Mama Mia!,” “Out of Africa,” “Under the Tuscan Sun,” and “To Catch a Thief” – and for men, “Moneyball,” “Tropic Thunder,” the “Jurassic Park” series, and the James Bond movies, “Dr. No” and “Thunderball.”
- Set a palm plant, seashells and few little drink umbrellas on your desk. Take a mental break for a few minutes every hour and imagine you’re in Miami.
- Eat oranges, grapefruits, mangos, bananas and pineapple. Not only will they keep you healthier, they’ll remind you of warmer weather climates.
- Go on a mental vacation to a warm locale. Visit travel websites for Hawaii, the Virgin Islands, Tahiti, Kenya and Australia. Enjoy looking at the photos and reading about things you can do while visiting there. Or better yet, start planning your summer vacation now.
- Read those beach novels now. Live vicariously through the characters and have your own beach vacation in your head.
Custom Orthotics Relieve Foot Pain
If you’re a regular reader of the WalkEZStore blog, you may be wondering, what does cabin fever have to do with foot pain and custom orthotics? Well, if you think about it, you’re going to want to be outside more when the warmer weather gets here. And being outside involves doing active things, like walking, running, biking, and playing golf, which means you’ll be on your feet more.
If you regularly suffer from foot conditions, such as plantar fasciitis, bunions, or metatarsalgia, you should consider buying ezWalker® Performance Custom Orthotics in anticipation of becoming more active. These arch supports are custom-made to the exact specifications of your individual feet, so you’ll get the right support you need for each of your feet. With proactive use of ezWalker® Custom Orthotics, every step you take will be biomechanically correct – reducing your risk of foot pain. So, don’t let foot pain keep you from getting out and doing things this spring. Order your ezWalker® Performance Custom Orthotics today!
Because … when your feet feel good, you feel good!®