The biggest shopping day of the year is almost upon us – Black Friday. But this day also can be extremely confusing, frustrating and tiring for bargain hunters. So to make your big shopping day a little less overwhelming, it’s best to determine your plan of attack in advance.
Here are several tips to help you make the most of the sales, so your day is a success:
- Go through the Black Friday ads or hit the stores’ websites to see what deals they’re having this year.
- Compare prices to determine the best deals based on the store. Use a price comparison website like pricegrabber.com to compare prices at the various retailers before you head out.
- Make a list of everything you want to buy, so you don’t forget anything during the mad rush. Include on your list: who the gift is for, the sale price, the store name and location, and any special hours for the sale.
- Check out consumer reports to make sure the product is of good quality, so you’re not leaving your warm, comfy bed for nothing.
- Map out your driving route based on night owl or early bird specials and store locations.
- Check online for store coupons before you head out.
- Bring the ads with you. Many stores offer a “lowest-price” guarantee, but you’ll need to have a copy of the ad as proof of the price difference.
- Dress comfortably for shopping. Wear layers so you can easily try on clothes over a tank top or camisole. Plus you’ll be able to remove clothes if you get too hot during the shopping frenzy. Wear properly fitted, comfortable walking shoes. Better yet, slip a pair of ezWalker® Custom Performance Orthotics in your shoes. These custom orthotics are biomechanically designed to help support the medial, lateral and trans-metatarsal arches of your feet, providing the exact biomechanical support your feet need for optimal pain relief throughout your body. So, standing in long check-out lines will be less tiring with these customized orthotics. If you don’t own a pair of ezWalker® Custom Performance Orthotics, see below for more information.
- Focus your energy on Friday by shopping only for bargains. Do the rest of your holiday shopping another day.
- Make sure you know the store’s return/exchange policy especially since you’re buying your items a month early. The store may require the item to be returned or exchanged before the actual holiday. Some retailers are also charging a restocking fee for returns and exchanges.
- Ask for gift receipts. While some stores may automatically print out a gift receipt, you may need to ask for more than one depending upon who your purchases are for. Include the gift receipt with the present so the recipient can easily return it, if need be. Also, safeguard your copies of the sales receipts in case the gift receipt goes missing.
If waking up early and hitting the sales doesn’t sound like fun to you, then shop online. Many stores offer Black Friday specials on their websites. Plus they’ll ship your purchases for free.
And don’t forget to shop at WalkEZStore.com for yourself or your family. Our ezWalker® Custom Performance Orthotics turn ordinary shoes into extraordinary shoes. They’re ultra thin and ¾ length, so they easily transfer from shoe to shoe – saving you money. So order a pair for yourself or your loved ones today. Gift certificates are also available. Contact customer service or call 888-392-5539 to purchase them.
Have fun with your holiday shopping. And remember … when your feet feel good, you feel good!