Mother’s Day is only 10 days away. Are you trying to figure out what to get mom for Mother’s Day?
According to the National Retail Federation, last year Americans were expected to spend on average $140.73 on Mother’s Day purchases – totaling $16.3 billion. The most popular gifts for mom are flowers, clothing and jewelry. Also, over 54% of people were expected to treat mom to a nice brunch or dinner.
So, with all of this in mind, here’s your opportunity to think outside of the box and come up with something unique to show mom how special she is to you.
Some creative gift ideas:
- For hard-working moms, whisk her away for a get-away weekend to the beach, the city, a state park or a cute artists’ community. Throw in a spa treatment for a truly indulgent experience.
- For moms that love to travel, American Airlines offers gift certificates to pay for her trip. Plus, American will donate $5 for every $50 spent on travel to Susan G. Komen for the Cure.
- For the wine-lover, buy mom a bottle or a case of her favorite wine. Or, take her to visit an area winery to sample their wines.
- For thrill-seeking moms, go as family to the local amusement or water park for a day of fun. Or try zip-lining through the treetops.
- For moms who love the arts, shop for a gift on etsy.com to support emerging artists. Or, give her a membership to your local art museum or tickets to the latest exhibit.
- For the mom who loves to cook, enroll her for classes at a local cooking school. (Just make sure it fits into her schedule.)
- For a dog or cat lover, make a donation in her name to your local Humane Society.
- For the mom who loves to plan parties, buy her a book on how to throw stunning parties and include a basket filled with party goodies, like paper plates, napkins, umbrellas for drinks, dip mixes, specialty foods or candles.
- If you still want to give her jewelry, look for pieces that can be hand-engraved with personal messages or the kids’ names, like these baby name rings from Love & Victory.
- If you still want to give her candy, how about personalized M&Ms in a personalized candy dispenser?
- For the mom who has foot pain and problems, like bunions, corns, calluses, or plantar fasciitis, get her a gift certificate to the WalkEzStore.com. Gift certificates are available in any denomination up to $299 – the cost of ezWalker® Performance Insoles. (Note: Sales tax must be added.) Contact customer service at 888-3-WALK-EZ or info@WalkEZstore.com to order. All orders are handled on a personal basis and can be sent via email. The WalkEZstore.com also offers $25 consultations; shoe fittings; shoe alterations, repairs and modifications; and, of course, ezWalker® custom foot orthotics. For more information on ezWalker® Performance Insoles, visit our website.
Mother’s Day is the one day to make your mom feel special, so do something nice for her to make her smile.
ezWalker®Performance Insoles – Because … when your feet feel good, you feel good. Or, when mom’s feet feel good, she’s happy and everyone else is happier, too