For the past few posts, we’ve been talking about overpronation, which causes the arches of your feet to flatten as you walk. If you suffer from flat feet or overpronation, you probably experience pain in your arches and the soles of your feet.
Also, overpronation can lead to additional problems with your feet, ankles, knees or hips, such as shin splints, plantar fasciitis, Achilles tendonitis, bunions, heel spurs or metatarsalgia.
If you suspect you overpronate when you walk or have flat feet, you should visit your doctor for a proper diagnosis.
If your foot pain is mild, your doctor may prescribe:
- Ice to reduce any swelling for sudden onset of arch pain.
- Anti-inflammatory medication, such as ibuprofen.
- Activity modification. If you stand or walk a lot at work, you will need to sit down and rest your feet more often.
- Wearing properly fitted shoes with a firm heel and flexibility in the forefoot area. Refer to our Shoe Fit Guide for more information. Note: Improperly fitted shoes can also lead to additional foot problems.
- Stretching exercises such as rolling a ball with the foot, calf stretches, towel scrunch, or using an elastic band to perform dorsiflexion, plantarflexion, inversion and eversion.
For more severe cases of arch pain, custom orthotics, like ezWalker® Performance Insoles, help prevent overpronation by properly supporting your foot’s three arches and realigning your foot and ankle bones to their natural position. ezWalker® insoles help restore your normal foot function – bringing your whole body into correct alignment.
A custom-made functional orthotic, like the ezWalker®, promotes healthy biomechanics, neurology and circulation of your feet. At the WalkEzStore.com, we use a unique, 7-step, biomechanical, non-weight-bearing, custom-impression process to create a functional orthotic that controls the hind foot and allows proper function of the first metatarsal joint – creating a better step with each step you take.
By restoring proper foot mechanics, not only will your foot problems be alleviated, but you’ll also experience stress reduction in your legs, hips and lower back as well. So, stop suffering from flat feet or overpronation and reclaim your quality of life with ezWalker® Performance Insoles. We even offer a 90-day, money-back guarantee. So what do you have to lose, except your foot pain? Order your ezWalker® Performance Insoles today.
Because … when your feet feel good, you feel good.